Weekday Masses will resume with our previous schedule: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 9am.
We are looking for people who would be willing to lead Lay Led Services with distribution of Holy Communion in the absence of a priest should the need arise.
If this is something you would like to do, please contact the office. Training sessions, as well as practice sessions, will be done prior to being asked to sign up on MSP (Ministry Scheduler Pro).
Once prepared, your name will be added to MSP along with your preferred mass time and you will be added to the roster. This enables you to know in advance your scheduled mass to prepare the readings, reflections, etc. should they be necessary.
This ministry of preparedness is exactly that- to prepare ourselves for the weekend’s readings should our priest be stranded or unavailable to preside. Thank you in advance for considering this ministry.
We are resuming Adult Faith Formation.
Starting Thursday, Nov.4th beginning with mass at 6:30 pm followed by the presentation in the church.
Starting with the Bishop Barron’s THE SACRAMENT.
As of this weekend, we are resuming limited in-person worship. We are, however, required by law to follow all regulations for public gatherings in worship environments as set out by the Province of Manitoba. We are permitted to hold regular religious services with attendance of ten percent (10%) of usual capacity or 50 people (whichever is least). Ten percent (10%) of capacity at the parish of St. Bernadette is 48 people.
- Lord’s Day Masses will be:
- Saturday 5pm (NOTE: NEW TIME!)
- Sunday 9am
- Sunday 11am
- Weekday masses more information to follow.
For the Parish of St Bernadette:
- Please arrive NO SOONER THAN 30 minutes before the scheduled start of Mass.
- We will be sanitizing the worship space before all liturgies.
- The disinfectant solution must be sprayed throughout an empty space
- The disinfectant solution must dry so that your clothing is not damaged.
- Our MAXIMUM is 48 persons in attendance
- Use of face masks is MANDATORY
- TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES, including
- in the Narthex (entrance),
- by the washrooms
- in and around all pews.
- TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES, including
- When you enter the building, you must:
1. Ensure your are properly masked. (If you do not have a mask, a paper mask will be provided)
2. Sanitize your hands at one of the sanitizer stations at the entrance of the church or use your own sanitizer.
3. Form a line, maintaining two meters (six feet) distance and single-file, to provide government-required contact tracing information to parish staff.
4. You will then be shown to your assigned seat:
- Please watch the video (below) to review receiving the Body of Christ safely and reverentially while wearing a mask:
- Communion will be brought to you at your place.
- You are not to leave your seat except for use of washroom facilities or to exit the building (still masked at all times until you are in your car).
- Two meters (6 feet) social distancing is to be maintained at all times between you and all people who are not from your household.
Please Like our Facebook Page and Subscribe to our Parish YouTube Channel to keep up to date.
We wish you a blessed Advent and Christmas Season.
|There are a few ways to donate to the parish. |
– Direct Deposit (Form found on our Parish Website).
– Mail-in your collection (Make sure your name and address are written).
– Bring in your collection (Make sure your name and address are written).
When you bring your collection to the parish, we will be doing “curbside” style.
– Please call the Parish first
– Then you will place it in the mailbox (parish office doors).
– Then ring the doorbell so we can pick it up.
Or just place it in our mailbox.
– We do check the mailbox often.
Masks are now Mandatory to be worn to enter the Parish of St Bernadette. Masks must be worn when you leave your pew or walk around.
Masks are to cover your nose and mouth.
New COVID-19 Restrictions in the Winnipeg Metropolitan Health Region
The Provincial government updated restrictions on public gatherings in Winnipeg and outlying municipalities. As of Monday, September 28, Masses will still be maintained at 30 % of building capacity. Persons in the affected areas will have to wear masks at all faith gatherings (Mass).
There is a ten-person limit on indoor and outdoor gatherings, such as meetings and catechism. We remind all the faithful to maintain physical distancing at all worship services, and we ask all parishes to respect the new provincial guidelines, details of which can be found at www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/ and by clicking here.
Above and beyond parishes in the City of Winnipeg, the following parishes are affected by the new restrictions: Corpus Christi (Narol), St. Stanislaus (Selkirk), St. Michael (Cook’s Creek), St. John Paul II Catholic Community (Oakbank), Our Lady of Hope (Anola), St. Hyacinthe (La Salle), Saint-Adolphe, Sainte-Agathe, Notre-Dame-de-la-Miséricorde (Île-des-Chênes), NotreDame-de-Lorette (Lorette). The areas affected include the Cities of Winnipeg and Selkirk, the Town of Stonewall, the RM of Cartier, the RM of Headingley, the RM of Macdonald, the RM of Ritchot, the RM of Rockwood, the RM of Rosser, the RM of Springfield, the RM of St. Andrews, the RM of St. Clements, the RM of St. François Xavier, the RM of Taché, the RM of West St. Paul, the RM of East St. Paul, the Town of Niverville; and the Village of Dunnottar.
Please continue to maintain social distancing.
Remember to sign your children up for catechism.
These classes will be needed to qualify for sacramental preparation.
Online video-based at home family catechesis with weekly parish connect.
– You will receive a Mailchimp email (like our catechism newsletter) containing recorded videos, activities, suggestions, and questions. These videos can be watched at your family’s convenience.
-Attendance is mandatory to qualify for diocesan sacramental preparation requirements.
-Attendance is registered through mailchimp questionnaire and weekly mass attendance (online or in person) in order to qualify for diocesan sacramental preparation requirements.
|One Registration per Family (household).|
Please have a contact parent or guardian register as Registrant.
– Then in Additional info please register each child.
-If you have more than 4 children in your household please contact the parish.
– If you are unable to register online please contact the parish.
|This program will ask for weekly parish connect, including Mass (in-person or live stream)|
please comment #FaithFormation2020-2021 for live stream mass
You will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email please contact the parish.
Classes will start in October.
Contact the Parish if you need any assistance.
Gathering is limited to 25 people including Fr. Phil and designated ministers. Once that number is reached, entrance to the church will not be permitted. Upon arrival, attendees must write their name and phone number on contact tracing forms. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before Mass begins.
Our Weekday masses will be open starting Wednesday June 24, 2020.
Our Weekday 9am mass schedule is Wednesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays.
Our weekday masses will continue to be live-streamed on Facebook and loaded to our Website and YouTube page.
LITURGICAL PROTOCOL NO. IV AT A GLANCE
– Mass will be following our normal schedule of Sat 4 pm, Sunday 9 am, and 11 am
– Masks are highly encouraged but you won’t be kicked if you don’t have one.
– The collection will only be accepted as cheques, in sealed envelopes.
– When you arrive please follow directions where to sit and immediately sanitize your hands and fill out a contact tracing form.
– Please arrive at least 15 minutes before mass.
– Doors will be closed and locked when mass starts and between masses.
– The Sunday obligation has been Temporarily Suspended by our Bishop till the end of the pandemic.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY:
We can have only 50 people at a mass including Fr.phil … to ensure a fair distribution for those who want to attend Sunday liturgies will have to book the spots by calling the parish office to reserve them.
Starting Wednesdays at 9am please call the parish office to book a spot for you and your family. It’s a joyful problem but we will have too many people to all go to mass every weekend.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR SPOTS
Call the parish office, 204-255-1951.
The phones will be open starting Wednesdays at 9 am to Friday at noon.
Please leave a detailed message.
You will get a phone call if a spot is available on Fridays.
In your message please include:
– Your Family Name
– Your Name and the names of people in your household that will be coming
– Your contact phone number
Please answer these questions for your household.
|Have you or members of your household traveled outside of Manitoba in the past 14 days?|
|Have you or members of your household had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID 19 within the last 14 days?|
|Have you or members of your household been in close contact with anyone who has traveled outside of Manitoba in the past 14 days?|
|Do you or members of your household have any of the following:|
Fever or chills, new cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing, new body aches, new headaches, new loss of taste or smell, or sore throat?
If your answer yes to any of these questions access to the building will be denied.
Gatherings are limited to 50 people including Fr. Phil and designated ministers. Once that number is reached, entrance to the church will not be permitted. Upon arrival, attendees must write their name and phone number on contact tracing forms. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before Mass begins. You will be able to enter the church shortly before 9:00.
Our Weekday masses will be open starting Wednesday June 24.
Our Weekday mass schedule is Wednesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays.